Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission and are tax-deductible (501c3 nonprofit).
Our nonprofit 501c3 work is sustained by Change Agents, namely investors, boards, staff, scholars, volunteers, and families. We intentionally ensure a better life for community through education, transparency, accountability, teamwork, leadership, and love.
After you make a contribution and receive your personalized receipt, you will begin receiving our monthly newsletters. We look forward to creating a future of literacy, leadership, and love.
P.O. Box 88, Forest, MS
General: Leacef@aol.com Office: 601-469-0990 Cellular: 601-900-5178 Founder & Board President, Constance Slaughter-Harvey, Esq.: email@example.com Cofounder & Executive Director, Constance Harvey-Burwell: Cburwell@leacef.com
Legacy's mission is to inspire Change Agent leadership that promotes positive developments, changes, and reforms through community education, engagement, empowerment, and social justice.
1. LEGACY’S EMERGENCY RESPONSE /L.E.R. - 15 MS County Community Crisis Services
2. LEGACY'S ADVOCACY WORKSHOP SAVVINESS (L.A.W.S.) - Tackle Legal Inequities
3. CONNECTIONS YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT- Annual Educational Enrichment
4. CHANGE AGENTS OF READING / C.A.R.E. SUMMER CAMP - Reading assessment, remediation, recommendation, and fun.
5. BOOKS-4-LUV - Free Book Distribution
6. HEALTH IS WEALTH - Healthy luncheons and lifestyle tips
7. TEACHER AWARD GRANTS (T.A.G.) - Grant Awarded for Educational Projects
8. P.R.E.P.P.I.N.' 4-SCHOOL – Monthly School Supply Distribution
9. SCOTT COUNTY AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORICAL SOCIETY - Intergenerational Dialogue, Interviews, and Documentation
10. SAVE OUR YOUTH THROUGH COMMUNITY ACTION - Education Stakeholders Dialogue Youth Community Crisis
11. WORK AND EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP TRADITION (W.E.S.T.) - Financial Awards based on Community Services, Achievement, and Necessity
Legacy envisions an empowered community that is led by Change Agents who are intergenerational and diverse. Legacy Change Agents are servant leaders who work to build a sustainable community. Legacy Change Agents are empowered servant leaders who are innovative, community-oriented, service-oriented, diplomatic, educated, respectful, ethical, well-rounded, and confident.
Incorporated in 2011, Legacy extends the 30 years of professional community services of the W.L. Slaughter and O.K. Slaughter Memorial Foundation (1983), ongoing legal services of retired Attorney Constance Slaughter-Harvey, Boy Scout and farming services of the late Jim Harvey, ongoing reading services of Constance Olivia Burwell, a financial contribution of retired N.F.L Player, Todd Pinkston, and ongoing financial contributions of the Theaodis Sr., and Aura Neely-Gary Memorial Family Fund. Over the last 12 years, Legacy has provided numerous opportunities for growth and empowerment through scholarships and service.
We compassionately serve over 5,000 families in our 15 Mississippi County outreach service areas of Scott, Leake, Smith, Jasper, Attala, Newton, Neshoba, Lauderdale, Madison, Rankin, Hinds, Yazoo, Forrest, Issaquena, and Sharkey.
1. CHILDREN are responsible for their actions and educational success (Learning, homework, schoolwork, goal setting, respectful behavior, helping others, not bullying, speaking truth, critical thinking, and dreaming).
2. PARENTS are responsible for youth's food, shelter, safety, security, and encouraging positive educational activities (Loving, school assistance, role modeling, reading, supports, community service, and incorporating spirituality).
3. LEGACY is a servant leader responsible for facilitating new experiences (Partnership, collaboration, emergency resources, leadership development, homework assistance, tutoring, educational workshops, educational trips, summer camp, community service opportunities, and service-learning opportunities).
2. Community Education
5. Intergenerational Collaboration
4. Servant Leadership
2. Life Mapping or Goal Setting
Legacy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. All material on this website is copyrighted 2021 by Legacy, Education and Community Empowerment Foundation, Inc. No material may be republished without Legacy's consent.
Legado no lo hace y no discriminarán en base de raza, color, religión (credo), género, expresión de género, edad, origen nacional (ascendencia), discapacidad, estado civil, orientación sexual o estado militar, en cualquiera de sus actividades u operaciones. Todo el material en este sitio web es propiedad de 2021 por herencia, educación y comunidad Empowerment Foundation, Inc. Ningún material se puede publicar sin consentimiento de Legacy.